How is the course structured?
The course consists of 14 lessons:
- Introduction; definitions and symbols.
- Astronomy for astrologers: time and space, planets, houses, angles.
- The Planets: their glyphs; their nature and influence.
- The Signs of the Zodiac: planetary motion in relation to them; their symbols; their rulers. The Elements and Qualities. The individual signs considered.
- House systems and their derivation.
- The Houses: the qualities and elements associated with them; the individual houses.
- Understanding Time; local time, standard time, summer/daylight saving time; sidereal time.
- Calculating a horoscope by hand: calculation of angles and house cusps, transferring to chart forms; calculation of planetary positions, charting them; calculating aspects, types of aspect, tabulating aspects.
- Calculating a horoscope on a computer.
- Aspects: their interpretation; specific aspects described.
- Interpreting the horoscope: basic steps in chart interpretation, with reference to example chart.
- Looking ahead; a basic study of transits.
- The History of Astrology.
- Preparing for the Advanced Course.
Astronomy Appendix: Further astronomical definitions and illustrations.
Aspect Appendix: Aspects considered in terms of the signs occupied.